Tuesday, January 18, 2011

With Childlike Faith

handPhoto Credit

“She’s in Your Hands.  Amen.”

Last week, I was tucking the kids in for the night.  Hosanna stopped and knelt beside her bed and prayed for me.  I had been sick for a couple of days.  She prayed for me to feel better tomorrow, she ended it by saying ‘She’s in Your Hands.’ 

At 5 years old, she is using her sweet, childlike faith to remind me of Our Maker.  The One who calms our fears, guides our steps and heals our bodies.  The One who holds the world in His Hands.  The One who was and is and always will be.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do not appear. Hebrews 11:4

The Amplified version explains framed like this ‘fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose.’  I don’t know about you, but I would rather choose to use God’s Word to put my everyday world in order, then to rely on my own words.

I want to follow the example of my 5 year old and EVERYDAY put it ALL in His Hands.  To use WORDS OF LIFE, to go about my days – taking care of my children, talking to family and friends, believing that He is in control of every circumstance I encounter.  I choose to trust God by using words that tell everyone I’m leaving it all up to Him.

Today I’m joining this discussion about words.

No comments: