Monday, January 31, 2011

Some days are long…

 

mess 

Most days you can find my living room looking like this at one point or another…strewn with blankets, toys and kids dressed in crazy ways!

“Be encouraged as you train up the next generation of leaders.  Though the days are long, the years are short.”   from an article in Home School Enrichment Magazine

This is a thought I’ve been pondering since I read that line last week.  It’s so easy to get caught up in the every day do this and do that and forget that every day should be enjoyed.  It won’t be long before they don’t need me to cut their food, read them stories and they’ll be asking for the car keys.

So I’m purposing to take time to enjoy the little things now, while they are young.  All the while remembering my calling as a parent:

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.  Ephesians 6:4 NLT

No comments: