Thursday, February 26, 2009

Think About It Thursday

"For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]." Ephesians 2:10 amp

This verse was brought to my attention last night during a church bible study/discussion group. In our Wednesday night sessions, we are studying the book Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus. It is about seizing the power of EVERY moment.

It brought me to my thought for today, which has been on my mind a lot lately
. We all have a PURPOSE and usually 'daily LIFE' doesn't create moments that we 'think' helps us to fulfill OUR purpose. But it has become very obvious to me that I haven't had the right perspective on God's purpose for me.

This verse reminds me that we were created by HIM and were born again to fulfill the works that He already PLANNED IN ADVANCE.

All of the time we come across moments, days, sometimes months and we think "Why is this happening?" And we don't know what the Lord has for us in the future and so it's hard to have the understanding as to the why of what's going on.


It's been important for me lately to relax and TRUST in HIM. Thankfully, He's got it all figured out - all I've got to do is focus on Him, giving Him the glory in all things and surrender to His leading to stay on the path that He's already arranged.

Think About It...

1 comment:

mengle said...

thought about it! thanks!!