Friday, February 13, 2009

Pictures and the Pacifier Plan


"Mama, can you take a picture of me doing this?"

That was her question. I willingly agreed and grabbed my camera. She was using the doodle, nothing out of the ordinary. But I was reminded how many more times I should be taking pictures of my children...these days are going by much too fast.

Then I turned to look for Judah, so that I could take his picture too.

This is what I got:


He did have a little bed head, it wasn't that long after naptime. He was about to put his pacifier back in his mouth, he's had a hard time leaving it in his bed since he was sick last week.

This morning he came in the kitchen with me. He had his pacifier, I grabbed it from him and cut the tip off. This is a recommended way to slowly wean a child off of their pacifier. You slowly trim it down until nothing is left to suck on.

I gave it back to him and he put it in his mouth. After a few minutes, he took it out and said "Broken, broken." I couldn't fool him with the change, but it didn't bother him - he put it right back in his mouth.

So begins 'The Pacifier Plan' - the plan to slowly reduce his dependence on the silly thing. I'll keep you up to date on his progress.


I took these pictures of Zoe a couple of days ago. She is irresistible in her heart jammies. The angle of this picture makes her look like a BIG girl.


One of her siblings was making commotion on the other side of the room. Zoe is constantly busy watching whatever is going on around her.


I want to take at least ONE picture every day this next week. At the end of next week, I will post a photo journal of our week.

Tomorrow...Valentine's Day and Judah's 2nd birthday party!

No comments: