Thursday, February 5, 2009

Think About It Thursday

And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependence upon] His person, giving praise to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17 amp

I was recently spending time with my niece, Makylah, and my sister's friend, Sarah, was there too. At one point Makylah was climbing on something and we were telling her to be careful. I was joking with Sarah, who is a teacher, "What would a teacher say to her in this situation?"

Sarah replied, "Are you making a good choice right now?" (She was a teacher to preschoolers last year). We definitely see when a child isn't making a good choice and the result of their choice could cause them to get hurt.

But I think we often overlook the fact that this a question that we should be asking ourselves several times a day. In the verse above, Paul was telling the Colossians, "Whatever you do, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus and depend on him."


There are many times we when we make a choice and ACT on impulse. In making certain choices, we don't consider if that choice represents the Lord in our life, how that choice may affect those around us or if there is consequence.


I encourage you to take moments throughout your day and ask yourself, "Am I making a good choice right now?" In all things: actions, decisions and reactions, by doing this I believe that we can continue to reflect Christ in all that we say and do.


Think About It...

No comments: