Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Monkey Bites


Well, at least that's what I call them. A couple of weeks ago, my sister, Em, made these Monkey Bread muffins.

In my attempt to make them as well, I purchased the wrong size of muffins and well, ended up with monkey bites.

The original recipe is here. What I did different was this: I used 2 tubes of 10 ct. biscuits and I put them in my mini-muffin pan. When they came out, they didn't stick together too well and ended up being a pile of pieces, hence the name - monkey bites. These are delicious and extremely addicting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You know your child feels better when:
a) they are playing again
b) they finally get off of your lap
c) they are eating again
d) all of the above

If you answered D, you are correct! Last week we were all sick again...yuck! Anyhow, here's a story from last Tuesday that still has me laughing today.

It was late afternoon, the sun was going down. I was sitting in the chair, holding Zoe, talking on the phone, not wanting to get up and check on my second born. He was just right around the corner. I had heard something rattling, I had no clue what he was up to. I called his name - there was no answer. I tried again, still no answer.

Finally, I put Zoe down and go around the corner to check on him. The hallway was pretty dark, the door to the hall pantry closet was open slightly. I opened it.

There stands my son...in the dark...eating graham crackers...alone.

I laughed out loud and asked him why didn't he just bring me the box and ask for one. What a silly boy! He was obviously feeling more like himself again.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Good to hear that everyone is feeling better. I think after a month all of us are better too. Jason's birthday is Friday we should get together. I know that Jason is looking for a golfing partner for that afternoon. Let's do dinner at our place!!!