Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The sweet things they say...

Lately, the kids have said or done some things that have made me smile or even laugh out loud.

  • The other night I took Hosanna and Judah to see some fireworks that were near our house. We had plenty of time, so I popped some popcorn to take with us. Hosanna would ask me before she took some out of the bowl that I was holding, "May I?" And then she would get some. Well Judah looks at me and says, "I may?" It took me a minute to understand what he was trying to say - may I backwards - but it was so cute because he said it like 15 more times. "I may?" All for a handful of popcorn.
  • We were eating supper one night and Judah grabs a napkin and roughly wipes his face (like such a boy) and then he turns to Hosanna and asks her, "Do you need a napkin, Hosanna?" She said, "No thank you, Judah." That just really made me smile :)
  • This morning when Hosanna got up at 6:45 am, she came and climbed into bed with me. She snuggled up against me and said, "I actually really love you." And giggled. That made me laugh out loud, it was so sweet.
  • Little Zoe isn't saying much these days yet, but she is taking 5 or 6 steps at a time all around the house. She'll be walking soon!
We are enjoying these ages and stages. And look forward to the season of fall and the fun it brings!

No comments: