Monday, September 14, 2009

Simply UNBELIEVEABLE Cookies

I have a recipe that I must share. I have been on a quest to find a chocolate chip cookie that will satisfy everyone in our house (read: Jeremy). I have been unsuccessful, they get too thin or flat or whatever. Mind you a chocolate chip cookie is a chocolate chip cookie to me, but not too everyone.

We were recently camping and a friend had brought the perfect cookies. So I found a recipe that contained the important ingredient (a box of pudding mix!) and have since scored in the cookie making department.

The basic recipe is this:

2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1/4 c. sugar
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla pudding mix
1 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. almond extract
2 eggs
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, pudding and extracts. Add eggs, mix well. Beat in flour mixture.

Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

SUPER SIMPLE and so versatile! You can combine different pudding flavors with different chips and have a completely different cookie. At this moment, I am making some with pumpkin spice pudding mix and chocolate chips. This cookie turns out soft and definitely not thin OR flat. You will LOVE it!

1 comment:

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

THANK-YOU! Now I have the chore to make it "somewhat" Weight Watcher friendly! ha ha